What Makes WordPress So Special?
WordPress has come of age in the past few years to become the leading CMS – Content Management System hosting more than 455 million websites. That’s approximately 40% of all websites worldwide. WordPress offers a rich browsing experience with great features and functionality. Its closest competitors are
- Shopify at 3.2%
- Joomla – 2.2%
- Drupal – 1.5%
- Wix – 1.5%
- Squarespace – 1.5%
The benefits of WordPress
While WordPress started as a blogging tool, it has rapidly evolved into a powerful website builder and a robust Content Management System. The best part about WordPress is that it’s easy to use and flexible enough to make virtually any type of website. This is the main reason why it has grown so much in popularity. Because of its robust features, many of the largest companies in the world use WordPress to power their websites.
- WordPress websites are both stylish and functional
- Content is easily manageable
- Themes allow quick and easy website design changes
- Functionality can be extended with Plugins
- The blog feature is built-in and ready to go
- Higher website rankings are possible since search engines (especially Google) love WordPress
- Optional Responsive design scales to also support tablets and smartphones